|Laura’s Clam Chowder||
- 1 can 10 oz Bumble Bee Fancy Whole baby Clams, drained, save juice
- 1 can 6.5 oz Bumble Bee Minced Clams in Juice, drained, save juice
- 1/4 pound bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 3 to 4 large potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 1 cups water
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 1/2 teaspoons salt ~Depends on your taste!
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup half and half
- (reserved juice from clams) Filtered thru a coffee filter. See instructions.
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch or more if it needs to thicken more.
- 1 ear fresh corn, Microwaved for 3 minutes, leave husks on. Cut off corn just prior to serving. ( can use 1 can of corn in place)
- Place all ingredients except half and half in a large pot. Cover, bring to a boil and simmer for 1 hour. Or until potatoes and onions are soft. Combine half and half with cornstarch until smooth. Add to pot, stir, and cook another 1/2 hr. Just before serving add Corn.
- For a more Clam taste. I take a coffee filter and strain the juice. Add to pot!
- Thicken to desired.
- To serve I reserve some Bacon crush and place on top.
I would love to hear how you make your Clam Chowder? Drop me a line at email@example.com or simply leave in comments I read and comment on all